Saturday, May 05, 2007

Pecan Crusted Chicken with Tangy Maple Dressing

Whew, that's a mouthfull. We love this recipe. The dressing is scrumptious and the chicken is a close second. It's really great for summer. (Borrowed from Rachel Ray).

Chicken
• Oil for frying
• Salt and Pepper
• 1 c. All-Purpose Flour
• 2 eggs, beaten with a splash of milk
• 1 c. Plain Bread Crumbs
• 1 c. Pecans, finely chopped
• 1/2 t. Nutmeg
• 1 Orange, zested
• 1 1/3–2 lbs. Chicken Tenders

Heat 1 1/2–2 inches oil over medium-high heat. Season checken with salt and pepper. Set out 3 shallow dishes. Place flour in first, eggs in second. Combine bread crumbs, pecans, nutmeg and zest in third. Coat tenders in each mixture. Fry in small batches 6-7 minutes. Drain on paper towels.

Dressing
• 1/4 c. Maple Syrup
• 1/4 c. Tangy BBQ Sauce
• 1 Navel Orange, juiced
• 1/4 c. EVOO
• Salt and Pepper

Whisk ingredients together and serve with green salad and chicken tenders. (I like to use Romaine, carrots and scallions).

2 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

Know what I said when I first read this? I don't even know what EVOO is... then it dawned on me...

8:38 PM  
Blogger Sylvia said...

That's a Rachel Ray-ism. Takes a lot less time to say and write. Glad you were quick-witted enough to figure it out!

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home