Saturday, January 27, 2007

Creamy Chicken Enchiladas

Well, the Saturday recipe posting has fallen off for awhile, but life is slowing down a bit (knock on wood) so I managed to snag a few minutes. I actually made these the other night and was very happy with them. They're quite tasty and pretty quick and easy. I modified a recipe I found in one of my books and this was the result.

2-3 chicken breasts, chopped
1 T butter or olive oil
1/2 medium onion
1/4 C chopped red or green bell pepper
1 (4 oz) can chopped green chiles
1 t cumin
1/2 t garlic powder
Salt & Pepper, to taste
4 oz cream cheese
6 flour tortillas
1 1/2 C shredded cheddar/pepper jack cheese
Enchilada Sauce

Heat oven to 350°. Melt butter or olive oil in skillet. Add onion, peppers, spices and chicken. Saute until chicken is cooked through. Add cream cheese and cook until melted, stirring constantly. Spoon 3-4 T of mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in a lightly greased 9x13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Drizzle with enchilada sauce. Bake for 30 minutes.
We like it with sour cream, salsa and cilantro on top!

1 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

That sounds like a good one. I ran it through the Weight Watcher recipe thing and each one is 10 points. That really cuts into the potato chip points!!! But cutting cream cheese or the cheese would be good for us "calorie" challenged folks.

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home